Special Circumstances Xerxes TAD Edition
An ultra-lightweight, concealable self-defense knife, the Xerxes provides effective cutting power in a very compact package. Made from a hand-made laminate of high-grade carbon fiber and 6AL4V Titanium with a custom textured G10 handle, the Xerxes is an excellent EDC knife for self-defense. Light enough to where it won’t burden you and strong enough to defend yourself with in an emergency, the Xerxes is not intended for general utility tasks, but is rather a dedicated defense piece.
- Designed with a point-driven methodology in mind, the blade shape is reminiscent of a tooth or claw. The angles of the handle line up the tip for effective curving and linear strikes.
- The entire handle is covered with a random dimple texture, which provides outstanding grip security while still being comfortable against your skin.
- The compact handle provides the right angles for effective curving and linear strikes, leading with the point and is equally suitable for either forward or reverse grip.
- The compact Kydex sheath system conceals the Xerxes readily under almost any cover garment. It can be carried either inside the waistband on a static cord or outside the waistband using the super-compact ShockCord System to attach the sheath to your belt. The SCS also allows for mounting the sheath to MOLLE or other web gear.
- The titanium edge has been carbidized for greater edge-holding and is extremely sharp.
Behind the Scenes with Ian Wendt
Originally from Denmark, Ian Wendt was raised with a respect for craftsmanship by his father, an artisan and knifemaker in his own right. Ian initially began making knives from kits and other makers’ blades until he began making his own knives entirely by hand. His interest in exotic materials and their unique properties eventually led Ian to develop his own approach to making carbon fiber and titanium laminates suitable for knife use. Today, he uses these skills and techniques to create effective and highly concealable knives for self-defense use.
Ian walks us through a couple stages of production in the videos below.
- Blade: Carbon Fiber and 6AL4V Titanium
- Handle: OD Green G10 Scales
- Blade Length: 4.13" (10.49 cm)
- Cutting Edge: 3.82” (9.70 cm)
- Handle Length: 3.40" (8.64 cm)
- Handle Width: 0.50” (1.27 cm)
- OAL: 7.31" (18.57 cm)
- Without Sheath: 3.14 oz (89.02 grams)
- With Sheath: 4.31 oz (122.19 grams)
- Titanium Blade with Laminated Carbon Fiber Overlay
- Unidirectional, Low-Void Carbon Fiber
- Carbidized Edge
- Multi-Position Kydex Sheath with ShockCord Retention
Made in the USA