Joseph Bowen Micro Hatchet TAD Edition
More than just a proof of concept
This item is not currently available. Stay tuned via our newsletter.
The Joseph Bowen Micro Hatchet TAD Edition is unlike any other knife we’ve worked on. It’s not everyday that a knifemaker decides to condense the idea and capability of a hatchet into something you carry around your neck. Through great engineering, fine craftsmanship and the use of an Inuit style blade, Joseph was able to make this dream a reality with each Micro Hatchet taking 60 steps to produce.
- One key advantage to the ulu blade is that it has increased grip security. Additionally, due to it’s design centering the force of impact into the middle of the blade and overall blade shape, you can cut harder objects like bones.
- Skeletonized to reduce weight, the knife features one large center hole to aid in different grip retentions and positions.
- Chamfered edges around the entire hatchet make it easy to grip and reduce any potential fray with 550 Paracord.
- With the combination of 6AL4V Titanium and chisel-ground ulu blade, the Micro Hatchet has a small overall package with incredibly aggressive cutting capabilities.
- Despite it’s size, the knife is just as comfortable with a three-finger grip or in reverse grip.
- A Kydex slip sheath was designed to be worn around the neck. In addition to reducing weight, the back holes can be used for a lanyard.
With a family history as blacksmiths and commercial fishermen, Joseph Bowen learned at a young age the importance of a good knife. Over the years while on his way to becoming a professional tattoo artist, his interest in knives never waned. He took side jobs as a blacksmith and refined his woodworking and leather tooling skills. With the help of a chance encounter, Joseph for the last few years has spent all of his time and energy into his knifemaking, learning the ropes from the legendary Mike Snody.
Due to the nature of custom knives, slight variations may occur. Item does not qualify for discount or promotion. Limited to one per household.
- Blade: 6AL4V Titanium
- Slip Sheath: Kydex Slip Sheath
- Blade Length: 2.63” (6.65 cm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.160” (0.41 cm)
- Overall Length: 4” (10.16 cm)
- Blade: 1.14oz (32.32g)
- With Sheath: 1.79oz (50.75g)
- Blade Type: Ulu
- Chisel Ground with Swedge
- Large Center Hole for Different Grip Positions
- Kydex Sheath for Neck Carry. Compatible with Tek Lok
Labels & Logos
- Chemically Etched Triple Aught Design on Blade Base
Made in the USA